Methods in Enzymology, Volume 152: Guide to Molecular Cloning Techniques (9780121820534): Shelby L. Berger, Alan R. Kimmel
Praise for the Series
"The Methods in Enzymology
series represents the gold-standard."
"It is a true 'methods' series, including almost every detail from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents, with timely documentation provided on each page."
"The series has been following the growing, changing and creation of new areas of science. It should be on the shelves of all libraries in the world as a whole collection."
--CHEMISTRY IN INDUSTRY
"The appearance of another volume in that excellent series, Methods in Enzymology
, is always a cause for appreciation for those who wish to successfully carry out a particular technique or prepare an enzyme or metabolic intermediate without the tiresome prospect of searching through unfamiliar literature and perhaps selecting an unproven method which is not easily reproduced."
--AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY NEWS
"If we had some way to find the work most often consulted in the laboratory, it could well be the multi-volume series Methods in Enzymology
...a great work."
"A series that has established itself as a definitive reference for biochemists."
--JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY
This self-contained, state-of-the-art manual is designed to meet the needs of the student, experienced researcher, and newcomer to the molecular biology discipline seeking an efficient means of obtaining a clone. Available in an easy-to-use spiral-bound edition, Guide to Molecular Cloning Techniques
progresses from basic techniques underlying much of recombinant DNA technology to a series of sections addressing commonly met problems.
* Comprehensive protocols compiled specifically for this volume
* Among the topics covered:
* Genomic cloning
* Preparation and characterization of mRNA
* Screening libraries
* Identification and characterization of clones
* Methods written by 87 experts
* Editors' notes, overviews, and extensive cross-referencing
* Process Guide, a compendium of basic processes in molecular biology indexed for at-a-glance accessibility
* A problem-solving quantitative approach
* Emphasis on strategies for choosing alternative methods
- Hardcover: 812 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press (October 12, 1987)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 012182053X
- ISBN-13: 978-0121820534
12.6 MB PDF, WinRAR archived