DND is service by which you can avoid commercial sms to get delivered to you mobile in India.
- With effective,Sept-1st, 2007 you need to register only with your Telecom Service Provider to stop all unsolicited communication. It is illegal for a telemarketer to call anybody who is in the Do Not Call List. The whole system will take some time to function smoothly. Kindly be patient for at least 4 weeks.
- TRAI has proposed a Scrubbing Module which will filter consumers numbers from the telemarketers database. So your data with NDNC Registry will not be shared with Telemarketers
What is the National Do Not Call Registry?
The NDNC Registry is a database having the list of all telephone numbers of the subscribers who do not want to receive UCC. Telephone subscriber (Landline or mobile) who does not wish to receive UCC, can register their telephone number with their telecom service provider for inclusion in the NDNC. Telecom Service Provider shall upload the telephone number to the NDNC within 45 days of receipt. The Telemarketer will have to verify their calling telephone numbers list with the NDNC registry before making a call.
You can use following links to register online for this service
- Register Online with your Telecom Company DNC List
- Register via SMS / Customer Care with your Telecom Company’s DNC List
- Register with your Bank or Credit Card Company Do Not Call Registry
- Register with your Life and General Insurance Company’s List
- Register Complaints Against Telemarketing Calls
Mobile and Telecom Companies – Do Not Call / Disturb Registration Forms
NOTE : Register via SMS / Customer Care with your Telecom Company’s DNC List
1)To register with the National Do Not Call registry, simply send SMS “START DND” to 1909 [toll free]
2)You will get a confirmation number and your request will be processed in 45 days
3)Unfortunately,Some of the Telephone Companies do not have Web Interface for registration.So this is the only means for all Those Telephone Company users.
Banks and Credit Card Companies – Do Not Disturb / Call Registration Forms
ABN Amro India
American Express India
Bank of Rajasthan
Bank of Baroda BobCard
Bank of India
Canara Bank and CanCard
Centurion Bank of Punjab
ING Vysya Bank
SBI Credit Card
Standard Chartered Bank
UTI Bank and Credit Card
Life and General Insurance Companies – Do Not Call / Disturb Registration
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Birla Sun Life Insurance
HDFC Chubb General Insurance
HDFC Standard Life Insurance
ING Vysya Life Insurance
Kotak Old Mutual Life Insurance
Max New York Life Insurance
MetLife Insurance India
Tata AIG Life Insurance
Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance
Disadvantage – DND Registered no. can not receive sms from online sms sending websites