AIPGMEE ( All India Post Graduate PG Medical entrance examination ) MD/ MS Jan 2012 paper will be conducted on 08th January, 2012
We will post all 300 question as soon as we collect these on recall basis with authentic answers.
Best of luck to all who are appearing for it.
you can download admit card / roll no. here
Here we started posting questions
1) Regions of the brain populated with neurons that are resistant to AD-related damage included the striatum, visual cortex, cerebellum, and brainstem.
2) Section 228A IPC prohibits the disclosure of the identity of victims in rape
3) Sham rage is defined as an affective and pathological aggressive state characterized by manifestations of fear and anger that lead to drastic physiological and behavioral changes. –seen in decorticate animals
4) Hypertriglyceridemia and Hypercholesterolemia seen in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1-Infected Treated with Protease Inhibitors.
5) Doc fos syphilis in pregnanat lady-pencillin
6) Glasgocoma scle- Verbal
makes no sounds-1
Utters inappropriate words-3
Oriented converses normally-5
7) Fast acetylation leads to higher blood levels of the toxic metabolite acetylisoniazid and thus to an increase in toxic reactions – hepatitis which is 250 times more common than in slow acetylators
8) Temozolamide- is an oral alkylating agent used for the treatment of Grade IV astrocytoma
9) H2S-In Japan it is known as detergent suicide, a near-instant death achieved by mixing common household chemicals into a poisonous cloud of gas.
10) Ductectatic Mucinous Cystic Neoplasms of the Pancreas:on ct shows grape like clusters and dilated pancreatic duct
11) cholera toxin is an oligomeric protein composed of one A subunit and five B subunits (AB5).
A subunit detaches and becomes activated by proteolytic cleavage, allowing it to catalyze the ADP ribosylation of the Gαs subunit of the heterotrimeric G protein resulting in constitutive cAMP production.
12) CT appearance of a lateral meningocele is that of a wide neural foramen
13) Deltoid and supraspinatus-shoulder abduction. four muscles that facilitate elbow flexion are the biceps brachii, brachialis, brachioradialis and pronator teres
14) grepafloxacin showed the longest half-life
15) Vibrio alginolyticus is a Gram-negative marine bacterium. It is medically important since it causes otitis and wound infection
16) Apixaban directly inhibits factor Xa, thereby interfering with the conversion of prothrombin to thrombin and preventing formation of cross-linked fibrin clots
17) most common cause of Moebius Syndrome is use of the drugs Misoprostol or Thalidomide while pregnant
18) subluxated lens wil be seen as shining golden crescent
20) Q wave onset to peak S2 (electromechanical systole, Q-S2)
21) methicillin resistant staph aureus infection-cotrimoxazole.
22) dilator pupillae is supplied by cervical sympathetic chain
23) daptomycin bacteriostatic. Tigecycline has been shown to be a bacteriostatic agent against Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterococcus faecalis, and Staphylococcus aureus
24) langerhans histiocytosis – CD1a
25) Bispectral index (BIS) is one of several technologies which purport to monitor depth of anesthesia
26) Pregnant women are encouraged to do kegels because strong pelvic floor muscles help make childbirth, specifically pushing, easier. Plus, the exercise can lower chances of tears happening during labor. During the postpartum period, doing kegels can aid in healing from an episiotomy as well as prevent postpartum incontinence and tone stretched out vaginal muscles
27) Relations of right ureter
Right colic and ileocolic vessels
Right testicular / ovarian vessels
28) The appearance of cortical cataracts show up as “spokes of a wheel”.
29) T1 Dermatome
Medial side of forearm to base of little finger
30) congenital aplastic anemia – FANCONI ANEMIA
31) collarete of scales on trunk – pityriasis rosea
32) Q. What is not a complication in fracture head of femur-malunion
33) itchy lesion, linear IgA deposit – Dematitis herpetiformis
34) The characteristic histologic feature of nocardiosis is an abscess with extensive neutrophil infiltration and prominent necrosis. Granulation tissue usually surrounds the lesions, but extensive fibrosis or encapsulation is uncommon
35)child sex ratio’-914
36) 20yrs man with Comet tail sign With asbestos exposure-Round atelectasis
37) Secondary Hemochromatosis
This type of hemochromatosis usually is the result of another disease or condition that causes iron overload. Examples of such diseases and conditions include:
Certain types of anemia, such as thalassemias and sideroblastic anemia
Atransferrinemia and aceruloplasminemia—both are rare, inherited diseases
Chronic liver diseases, such as chronic hepatitis C infection, alcoholic liver disease, or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
Other factors also can cause secondary hemochromatosis, including:
Oral iron pills or iron injections, with or without very high vitamin C intake (vitamin C helps your body absorb iron)
Long-term kidney dialysis
38) renal scarring detect in infected kidney –DMSA
39) Salmonella typhi – dose needed to infect human – 10^2 – 10^5 bacilli
40)drug induced osteomalacia?a steroid b heparin c phenytoin.ans:c
41) the ventromedial hypothalamus (which is important for sexual behavior).
42) type of hypersensitivity in membranus glomerulonephritis-type 2
43) Pt has external strabismus, ptosis and uniocular diplopia. Involvement of ? occulomotor
44) Right subclavian cannulation was done in a patients. Few hours later, he has dyspnoe, tachycardia, hypotension, hyper resonance on percussion, decreased breath sounds etc.
45) suarachnoid hemo which art is mc involved???? PICA
46) to demonstrate one drug is better than other which trail-2
47) IUCD not necessary to change after 3 – 5 yrs-cu380A
48)inguinal canal Contents
in males : the spermatic cord and its coverings + the ilioinguinal nerve.
in females : the round ligament of the uterus + the ilioinguinal nerve.
The classic description of the contents of spermatic cord in the male are: 3 arteries: artery to vas deferens (or ductus deferens), testicular artery, cremasteric artery 3 fascial layers: external spermatic,internal spermatic,cremastic 3 other vessels: pampiniform plexus, vas deferens (ductus deferens), lymphatics nerve: genital branch of the genitofemoral nerve
The ilioinguinal nerve passes through the superficial ring to descend into the scrotum, but does not formally run through the canal.
49) function of gene best demonstrated by
gene knock out
Knockout rats can mimic human diseases and are important tools for studying gene function (functional genomics) and for drug discovery and development
50) repeated chalazion: sebaceous cell Ca
51) congenital erythropoietic porphyria autosomal recessive
52) amylin is secreted by:
ans :beta cells
53) Q3. All Structures Are derivatives of pharyngeal arches except?
a, tensor veli palitini.
b. tensor tympani.
d. palatine Tonsils. Ans:LPS
54) Q4. all nerves supply the auricle except.?
a. Greater Auricular
b. Lesser Occipital.
c. Tympanic Branch of Vagus.
d. Auriculotemporal nerve.
55) Diabetic elderly male with lesion in external ear with facial nerve palsy resistant to antibiotics.
a. Malignant Otitis Externa
56) Lesion developed from Olfactoty Mucosa?
57) All cause Conduction Deafness Except?
a. menieres disease ( Hydrops)
c. serous OTitis Media
d. suppurative otitis media
58) acute pulmonary oedema treatment all except – morphine,digoxcin,frusemide ,positive ventillation
59) aseptate hyphae-A candida b penicillum c aspergillus d asfomyces
60) old blood stain detected using?-LUMINOL SPRAY
61) common enzyme utilised in cholestroal and ketone synthesis-hmg
in kallman ,which of the following increased?
63) disease spread by culex anopheles and aedes globally 1 malaria 2 filaria 3 dengue 4 yellow fever
64) HYPOECOIC ON USG? a) colon b) ovary c) bladder d) mucinous adenocarcinoma
65) dilator pupilae supplied by: post ganglionic sympathetic frm cervical plexus
66) scholastic performance impeded by all except
67) Ppi decreases efficacy of clopidogrel… a cyt 2b b cyt 2c c cyt 2d
68) eosinophil count diurnal variation reason?cortisol
69) repeated transcranial magnetic stimulation of brain? depression? resistant schizo? OCD? acute psychosis?ans:depression
70) The occurrence of hyperthyroidism following administration of supplemental iodine to subjects with endemic iodine deficiency goiter is known as:
A. Jod-Basedow effect
B. Wolff-Chaokoff effect
71) contraindicated in renal failure morphine, pethidine, fentanyl, atracurium
72) infection to brain spreads thru all except-
direct bony invasion
round n oval window
was last option hematogenous
73) A neonate shows eroded skin (and more feature) while mother handles – diagnosis?
epidermolysis bullosa .
74) Q2. middle aged male comes wiyth shortening of leg by 7 cms, Hip in Flexion and External Rotation, clinically hard mass palpable in lateral gluteus region, whats the most probable Diagnosis?
a Post Dislocation.
b, Central Dislocation.
c. Grade 4 Dislocation.
d. Fracture of acetabulum with dislocation of Hip joint.
75) Q6. Proximal Segment of Scaphoid Fracture goes into AVN Due To?
76) SACH (solid ankle cushioning heel) prosthetic foot
77) Retinoblastoma metstasis by ? hemat, lympho, scleral, optic nerve invasion.
78) drug used to treat/prevent vasospasm: nimodipine
79) drug used in IBS WIT CONSTIPATION
80) . Cyanide toxicity caused by drug-nitroprusside
81) a pt peresent with vomiting of 500ml, spleen size 5cm below costle margine, dia
a) gastric ulcer
b) drug induced
) portal htn???????
82) after 12-24 hrs starvation, what will not happen?
1. Increase free fatty acid
2. increase ketone bodies.
3. decreased glycogen
4. decreased serum protiens.
83) Q8. elderly man Vaccine Not to be given( Measles, H Influenza, TT.. Pneumococcal V)
84) Extra axial enhacing lesion on MRI-meningioma
85) Subhimalayan region recurrect ulcer – causative agent?
86) All causes tachychardia except?amphetamine r nifidipine r theophylline?
A/E are germ cell tumor
c. endodermal sinus tumor
:granulose cell tumor
87) presence of smegma is the answer for sodomy
89) 2)aminoacidresidue mc involved in o-glycosylation?
90) 6)maternal use of whch drug ll cause Hypospadias in baby? diethylstilbestrol
91) pathogenesis of disease- screening no use, tertiary prevention possible, entry of agent, including sub clinical cases
92) 1alkaline diuresis useful for morphine amphetamine?
93)minimum value of assay of 3rd generation TSH?? 0.4/0.04/0.004/0.0004
94) Mitomycin fr Tracheal Stenosis Plat notes
95) 21 hydroxylase deficiency-ambiguos genitalia with at 7 yrs with no palpable mass in inguinal or labia with virilization.
96) Child with recurrent resp infection(??) h/O bulky stool…
970Mean was 105 with SD 10 they asked range in 85-125
98) Cause of LH surge ? ans high level of estrogen
99) most common tumor in the fetus- sacrococcygeal teratoma neuroblastoma??
100) Child staying in dirty surroundings, gets a pink nodule on conjunctiva with surrounding congestion, also has cervical n axillary LNpathy? Diagno: phlyctenular conjunctivitis?
101) 2monitoring bld level not reqd lithium cycloserine gentamicine warfarin?ans:c
102) supraduodenal bile duct receives blood supply from
103) least common presentation in multiple myeloma ? hyperviscosity, anemia, bone pains, infections
104) metabolic failure at cerebral blood flow of :
105) larvicidal all except ans pyrethrum
106) carcinoma ans cytokeratin
107) amount of alcohol before and after ans paired t test
108) reids index increased in ans chronic bronchitis
109) 20 yr old with night blindness and tunnel vision.- pigmentary retinal dystrophy
110) white pupillary reflex, retina totally normal. Which condition ? Primary optic neuritis….chalky white optic disc
111) pre-eclampsia, effect on gfr: increased, decreased, remain same?
112) yoga is considered as a part of modern medicine, it ll b considered as: physiotherapy, preventive medicine.
113) Perforation of duodenum wil most likely involve?-gastrodudenal
114) child with recurrent infection by bac havin polysaccaride capsule, what assay to b done: IgA, IgG1, IgG2, IgA or IgG2
115) Radiotherapy given fr a tumour then later pt develop some symptom…?? how to diff its recurrence or post radiotherapy necrosis…
116) child involved in repetitve tasks, no communication? Autism…
117) atherosclerosis mechanism..
118) A multigravida, term, in labour. Cx – 2cm, head per abdomen 3/5 palpable, contractions 2 in 10 mins lasting 30-35 seconds. After 4 hours, Cx – 4cm, cervicography crossed alert line and to its right. Wat is the comment on progress of labour ?
119) 9 yr child operated for papillary Ca thyroid, near total wit neck dissectn. next best management?
b.whole body scan for mets
d. CECT to see residual ds
120) ,butterfly rash on face- sle??
121) A man on provocation hit another man with a stick leading to formation of a bruise 4 * 4 cm on his arm. Which of the following is correct for his punishment?
a. simple imprionsment 1 yr with 1000 rs fine.
b. rigrous punishment. 6 months
c. simple imprisonment 2yr and 5000 fine
d. none of above
122) vision 2020 in india a/e
b refractory error
c vitamin a defecicy
d glaucoma.e. DM retinopathy
123) selfmutilative behaviour rpt q??
124) 30 yr male pt with rectal prolapse….. rx of choice…
125) Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy
126) child on tacrolimus, ca 7.5mg/dl , alb 1.5 urea 79mg/dl creat .5 present with seizers likely diag …. tacro toxicity , hypocalcemia , uramea.ans:b
127) Which muscle relaxant causes pain on injection ?
A. Succinyl choline
128) in posterior dislocation of shohoulder hill sach lesion is seen in
D) postero ???
129) one ques bt d mtp consent was ther…… ask only wife… only husband… both wife n husband… ????ans:a
130) cochlear implant
improves learning n reading remarkably
brain stem implant is better
better sound localisation and discrimination
131) Not associated with gynaecomastia?
Its a repeat question. And answer given in volume was prolactinoma. And explanation given is TSH adenoma some times leads to gynecomastia but function of prolactin is for milk ejectn. . . So it ll not lead to gynecomastia
132) sleep pattern if external source is removed then ??
a will not change b more than 24 hrs c less than 24 hrs
The rhythms persist in the absence of external cues (endogenous). The rhythm persists in constant conditions with a period of about 24 hours. The rationale for this criterion is to distinguish circadian rhythms from simple responses to daily external cues. A rhythm cannot be said to be endogenous unless it has been tested in conditions without external periodic input
133) The Houston valve is located between the transverse and descending sections of the colon in front of the position of the left kidney. It prevents decaying fecal matter from backing up into the transverse colon
134) chronic implantation of self-stimulating devices for stimulation of the posterior periventricular gray matter for pain control
135) one ques was bt d contact lens wearers…… acamtameoba
136) 40 yr old man lifted something heavy and then he had pain ON LATERAL ASPECT OF LEG & GREAT TOE diagnosis
A) L3 L4 disc prolapse
B) L4 L5 disc prolapse
C) L5 S1 disc prolapse
137) .a patient was given a drug to inhibit oxidase-reductase something? Wat infestation was he having ?
Nitazoxanide has been FDA-approved for treatment of diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium in people with healthy immune systems and is available by prescription.
138) YOGA KA QUE KYA THA?
B) PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
C) EMERGENCY MEDICINE
D) CALORIC USURPER
139) A young boy came with dyspnea and was found to have a mediastinal mass. which of the following is known to produce mediastinal lymphadenopathy?
A.diffuse large B cell Lymphoma
B. B cell rich T cell lymphoma
C. T cell rich b cell lymphoma
D.t cell all
moxiflox nd trovaflox are having maximum t1/2 so can be given orally.
140) drug used in IBS WIT CONSTIPATION????
Ans is lubiprostone. Drugs used are tegaserod,prucalopride,loxiglumide,nd lubiprostone.
Lubiprostn stimulates chloride channel in intestine and increases liquid secretion in hut and decrease transit time.
Its a direct line from goodman.
141) CRAO in DM, CMV retinitis,mucormycosis.ans:
142) repeat: splenomegaly not asso with
c. essential thrombocythemia
d. primary myelofibrosis
143) girl having pain when severe she exposes to cold ???
Hardening of finger
Something lyk pale pulp finger
144) rod used to grade tear of hymen
A) GABA rod
B) cylider Rod
C) glaister-keen rods
145) PD which part of brain is stimulated by trans megnatic stimulation?????cant rem
a.g pallidus b putamen c.sub th nucl d
146) breast-milk jaundice : which is true :
lasts for 7 days
occurs in 24hrs,
raised conjugated bilirubin causes kernicterus
Vents cn cause Jaundice
while examining active agent for sodomy this is true
no smegma seen
may have constristion of shaft of penis
fecal matter is present on active agent
the examinee confesses he is an active agent
147) Proximal Segment of Scaphoid Fracture goes into AVN Due To?
a. REtrograde Blood Supply to Scaphoid
148) sportman with chest pain….mi trop t & I
All Structures Are derivatives of pharyngeal arches except?
a, orbicularis oculi
d. palatine Tonsils.
149) age of child who can use 4-5 words including meaningful nouns & represent his ideas mostly by non verbal communication then what is his age ?
B) 18 months
C) 24 months
D) 12 months
15m jargon speech
All except seen in fracture Neck of Femur?
Median is Imp For all except (
Q4. All Are True about SACH- ic10 Except?
a. Full Form is ‘Solid Ankle comfortable Heel.
b. managed by prosthesis
c. shoose can be worn out
d. woody heel in centre
A. more common in males B. asso with EEG abnormalities C: something on brain stimulation? D.stress ans steroids
Fibromyalgia is estimated to affect 2–4% of the population, with a female to male incidence ratio of approximately 9:1
eeg abnormalitites in sleep is found thats mostly ans
151) . ResOURSE of training for ASHA…
A.AWW AND MPW
ans:Anganwadi Worker (AWW) and the Auxiliary Nurse Midwives (ANM).
152) In prokaryotic proteins phosphorylation occurs on the serine, threonine, tyrosine, histidine or arginine or lysine residues
153) glutamate is pre dominant neuro transmitter in which part of the brain?
A. Globus pallidus interba
B. Substantia nigra
C. globus pallidus externa
154) least likly to cause infective endocarditis??
155) small nerve neuropathy or something…
Vit b 12 def
156) . Regular Reporting of Heath Statistics Given For(
Trends of the Disease,
To Appreciate ppls efforts, …)
157) question was to detect minimum pneumoperitoneum options : a) erect abdomen 2) supine3) rt lat decubitus with horizontal beam n left lat decubitus with horizontal beam
158) assay has a sensitivity of 0.004 mcIU/mL and meets all criteria as a 3rd Generation TSH assay”"
159) Most resistant cell structure..?’spore?prion
160) ataxia, ankel & knee jerk absent & planter extensor…..diag-fredericks ataxia
161) p value question????-probabaility
162) aminoacidresidue mc involved in o-glycosylation?
O-linked glycans attached to the hydroxy oxygen of serine, threonine, tyrosine, hydroxylysine, or hydroxyproline side-chains, or to oxygens on lipids such as ceramide
163) Max cerebral vasodilation done by??ans hypercarbia
164) pt with bronchiectasis – amyloid nephropathy
165)Secondary amyloidosis- amyloid associated protein
166) not causes fever ….il 6 , tnf , inf , il 18( ans 18)
167) Analysis of the IFN-gamma responses of whole blood cells from BCG-vaccinated or non-BCG-vaccinated donors or patients with tuberculosis, stimulated with PPD, ESAT-6 or CFP-10 antigens, and evaluation of the specificity and sensitivity of the test
ifn y assay in tb is – A) 1st gen using esat B) 2nd gen using esat n cfp10…c) can’t diff b/w mycobacteria nd other atypical
168) General Adaption Syndrome-post traumatic stress syndrome
For polysachharide coated organisms:
d.IgA and IgG2
169) during anesthesia which is least affected-
visual evoked response??
170) False about non small cell Ca lung is?
Geftinib m/c used
171) punishment for drug users and paddlers
a.ndpa act.b. drug users sent to t/t not jail.c. alcoholism included .d. equal punishment for paddlers and users and farmers allowed to grow unlimited opium
172) Radiotherapy effect on child’s brain, some Q
Doesnot effect iq
173) Both skin and nail have keratin. The difference in ther flexibility is cause?
1. Fewer S-S bonds in skin keratin
2. Exclusion of water from nail keratin
174) not an antilarval- malathion or pyretherum??
175) 1) Limbal scar, Dark reflex in pupillary area, Wide AC, Vision 6/6 with +11D Spherical Lens… Diagnosis??? Aphakia, Pseudophakia, Posterior Dislocation of IOL, Hypermetropia
176) Buphthalmos – Corneal Diameter > 13mm
177) 4) Fungal Corneal Ulcer
178) at 4atm pressure wat is o2 conc in 100ml of plasma-6
179) one ques on dic- all except??
180) pneumococcus meningitis : options? HIGH PRO+LOW SUGAR
181) 40wks old baby of diabetic mother with blood glucose levels 35 mg per 100ml. what should be the line of treatment:
a. fortified expressed breast milk
b. 10%dextose @10ml/kg b.wt. by oral route
c. 10%dextrose i.v.
Regarding Houston’s valve true?
represents the peritoneal reflectn/ contains all layers of intestine/ disappear on distension
182) least recurrence in?
183) Not a feature of drug dependence ?
Attempts to quit drugs.
184) one abt TSH. Central hypothyrodism
TSH level not required
therapy is done accor to TSH level in plasma
TSH level is good marker
ovarian (most common)
185) scaly truncal lesions,perineal area,oral lesions in a lady??
186) false abt spinal cord??
187) mRNA -heavier than hnRNA, transcribed from dna not translated, cytosolic RNA not DNA, n RNA has got U, not T
188) In normal pregnancy, which of the following does NOT occur :
ans. decreased systolic pressure
Myasthenia gravis is a Type II hypersensitivity reaction
189) 1 repeat rt leg pain.. relievd by lat colun lat cordotomy
190) Cohort and case Control. .. cohorts chosen dependng on exposure
191) clozapine-carbamezapine interaction occurs-mosapride
192) 45 yr male, with both upper limbs paralysed in childhood, now develops pain, fatigue in both lower limbs. diagnosis?
a. post polio synd
c. muscular dystrophy
193) Q.what does not happen in mitochondria?
1.protein syn 2. fatty acid syn ????
194) 70 /60 yr male with left varicocoele most probable u will think is:?
A) Lt testes cancer
B) lt renal cancer
195) yr old female with abdominal distension, ascites, dyspnoea, raised CA 125.
Ca ovary, cervix, endometrium…..
196) autosomal dominant a/e : ataxia telengiectasia?
197) laryngomalacia – a/e : surgery is a must (modified repeat)
1990a blood grp- ans OA
200) EBV causes tumor(?) by which mechanism?
polyclonal B cell expansion i too did
201) drug not used in severe pulmonary edema?
202) PITUITARY MACROADENOMA : >1cm
203) which of these is not used in hypercalciuria – frusemide
204) small round blue cell tumor : chromosomal association?
205) Not a feature shared by T n B lymhocytes?
natural selection b cells me hota hai
206) When a nerve impulse arrives at NMJ, wat happens?
Ach binds to receptors in sarcolemmal membrane,
Release of calcium from sarcoplasmis reticulum
207) Whole body irradiation T/t done for:
Sezary syndrome or mycosis fungoides.
TSEB- total skin electron beam radition therapy s used for myc fung n sezary too since it s a severe form of myc fung..but go for sezary
208) 9 yr child operated for papillary Ca thyroid, near total wit neck dissectn. next best management?
b.whole body scan for mets
d. CECT to see residual ds
209) agent is there but no transmission
210) Short bowel syndrom affects absorption of which one maximally ?
Vit B12, Vit K
211) seen in Von Hippel Lindau ?
multiple tumors rarely seen
212) hormone increased in prader willi? Gh fsh lh ghrelin
213) CBT T/t for OCD
214) pain in pressing in pin point seen in glomus tumor
thiazide used in t/t of a/e a-idiopathic hypercalceuria wit nephro calcinosis
6yr old boy – nephrotic syndrome, on prednisolone and tacrolimus..Na 136, Ca – 7.5, Cr : 0.5 – seizures and edema..cause is :
215) complicatoin related to first and second twin
2nd twin mor chance of hyaline membrane?
asphyxia in 1st twin
increased mortality in first twin
216) not a serotonin adrenaline antagonist or something like this? options- clozapine,zotepine,amisulpuride,sertindole
217) leucocytosis, platelet count increased in a female.. Which of the following not a diagnosis?
Dic, evan’s syndrome …. …..
Hav u all add this 1: pregnant lady with low platelet (which is not the 50000), posiibility?
d. Evan’s syndrome
218) Stage 1 Wilms tumour. Treatment?
Laparoscopic nephrectomy, open nephroueterectomy, chemo ?
219) meningocele preotected by? mercurochrome? methyl blue? normal saline? tincture iodine?
220) Aids related complex gen lymph..,herpes zoster,oppurtunistic inf
2210denominator modified(age distribution) in :
crude mortality rates?
222) PSM ka SLE wala question,-pretest probability
223) another easy one (a rarity in this paper) : basal exudates, infarcts, hydrocephalus?
224) SD was 10, sample size of pregnant woman with Hb 10mg% was 100.S.E?
225) Role of restriction enzymes2?
226) MRI not useful for: calcified lesions
Laboratory criteria separating AIDS-related complex ( ARC) from AIDS include elevated or hyperactive B-cell humoral immune responses, compared to depressed or normal antibody reactivity in AIDS; follicular or mixed hyperplasia in ARC lymph nodes, leading to lymphocyte degeneration and depletion more typical of AIDS
227) white pupillary reflex, retina totally normal. Which condition ? Primary optic neuritis….
pt has weakness of limbs,winging of scapula, facial palsy. Diag ?
228) Spontaneous CSF leak in a/e :
a. raised ICP
b. low risk encephalocoele
229) QUE 1) Patient had a renal mass diagnosed by exfoliative cytology. Which is the possibility?
3. Well differentitated carcinoma
4. All can be diagnosed by exfoliatuve cytology
true about cytosolic rna a/e (BIOCHEM)
a. translated from nuclear dna
b.molecular wt is more than heterogenous rna
c.has thymine in place of uracil
d.sugar is deoxyribose
230) Spasmodic dysphonia, all are true except?
1. Affects muscles of larynx
2. BTX-A is the treatment
3. Multiple sittings of BTX-A are required
4. Abductor involvement presents with strained and strangled speech.
laryngomalacia true is a/e
a.mc congenital anamoly of larynx
b.omega shaped epiglotis
c.more stridor while crying and relieved on prone
d.surgical tracheostomy treatment
231) Which of the following is not a phase one reaction ?
232) A pt on one regular medication, which should be stopped before an abdominal surgery
C) beta blockers
233) Which of following is most common cause bone fracture in india
234) hypoglycemic drug causing b12 deficiency
Que 41)Investigation of choice in Hirschsprungs (sURGERY)
A. rectal biopsy
236) All except occurs on Decrease in liver glucose level :
a.inhibition of PFK2
b.Activation of Fructose 26bisphosphatase
c.increase in glucagon
d.increase in F26bis phosphate
237) In Immune complex formation structure of protein involved is
238) conduction velocityof nerves; velocity is NOT affected in which?
239) a/e have episodic weakness except
B) lambert eaton
persistent leukopenia after 6 wk of Ara C n 1 mor drug. Cause?
a.Chemot/y induced myelosuppession
240) 11. Angioneuritic edema (twisted repeat)
241) 3. Pustular lesions on leg Bacitracin test wala Q.
242) 240. After successful phacoemulsification and IOL placement, after few days, vision deteriorates with aqueos flare and posterior synechiae. Cause ?
Post operative pan ophthalmitis…….
243) . age related dementia increase in following
homocystiene, cystiene /TAURINE
244)Q small vessels vasculitis seen in
1 gaint cell arteritis
2 takayasu arteritis
4 Microscopic Polyangitis
ans microscopic polyangitis
245) Added this? a young man with c/o ataxia, headache, vomiting, with a mural mass seen in right cerebellar hemisphere. diagnosis?
246) Q BONE DENSITY BEST STUDIED BY
247) Q 3rd stage labour all except
contoled cord traction,methergine.syntosinon.massage of uterus
248) Man with dysphagia,anemia,foul breath,crepts in lungs,diagnosia
249) Carcinoid,true is
Commonest tumor of small intestine
Multiple tumors lead to increased lung cancer
250) Ligature tied proximal to baroreceptors,wat is seen?
251) Daly,true is
Premature death with life adjusted for diseas
life adjusted for severity of dis
252) For which technique STUDY DESIGN(iam nt able to remember exact thng asked,help anyone though choices yahi thi shayad) model is used? 1simple sampling 2.systematic sampling 3.cluster sampling 4.stratified sampling
253) Q8. 7yr old child comes wid Ambiguous genitalia..he does nt have hyperpigmentation or hypertension..mullerian structures r present..shows phallus 2.5cm n labial folds r separated wid two perineal openings..no gonads palpable in folds or intraabdominaly.. Which one explains the condition? 1. Simple virilisation of primary CAH 2. complete androgen insensitivity synd 3.5 alpha reductase def 4.Maternal virilising synd
254) all of d followings studies can b done wid individual as a unit except.. drug
255) the gal had splenomegaly, leucopenia, fever and died in a few days longitudinal ulcers?
256) The Q was Neuroma at amputated stump… treatment modality of choice??
Ans is Ultrasound Therapy
delusions are not seen in..
258) RTA type1 has all except?
HCO3 excretion >15%
259) there was some q related to F wave in eeg…
260) 2)drugaddict experiencin synasthesia. likely agent??
261) some question abt anesthetic machine?
1. halothane vapourises at 39?
2. O2 meter attached to inspiratory limb?
262) Extended criteria for liver donation
Age>70 yr,Hbs Ag
263) bizzare perception of objects??
264) thipentone protects the brain by which mechanism? ans. prevents cerebral metabolism
265) 70 yr pt with anti hepatitis c but skin ka manifestation nahi diya tha ?MPGN r cryo ,i mark mpgn
266) 211. Negative pressure in pleural space is due to?
It’s a repeat question
Ans: Elastic recoil…..
267) which of the following is a cause of psychosis on a cocaine user ?
C. regular intake
268) A paraplegic with lesion at T3 came with BP 210/100, what should be done in him ?
A. Start subcutaneous LMW heparin
269) A young man living in a metropolitan city comes with abuse to a particular drug. He says he Sees sounds and hears colours. What substance is he taking?
270) A 70 years old male after catarct surgery complained of diminished vision. On FFA Petals of flower appearance was noticed and_____ whats the probable diagnosis ?
A. Cystoid macular edema
B. Central serous retinopathy
271) difference between 20% and 10% lipid solution of lipids all except?
A. Less hyper triglyceridemia
B. Less hpyer cholesterolemia
C. less energy supplied
272) bier’s block ivra
273) rheumatoid factor is igM antibody directed against igG.
274) barorecptor – nucleus tactus soliterius